Making choices for the future
In Year 9, all students continue to follow a broad and balanced curriculum, enriched by the students’ ability to tailor the subjects they study in the Business & Enterprise and Sports & Arts faculties, and complemented by exciting and innovative learning strands for some students.
All students in Year 9 go through a second and final stage of choosing their options for Key Stage 4 with the help and guidance of parents and teachers.
Note: This page is updated annually once the Year 9 Options process begins.
Year 9 Curriculum
All students in Year 9 study the following subjects:
- Humanities: Geography, History, Religious Studies and PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic)
- Modern languages: French or Spanish
- PE, including Personal Fitness and Sport
In addition, students select four (2 from each option) of the following subjects to study in Year 9 to enable them to make more informed choices for Years 10 and 11.
- Arts: Art, Dance, Drama and Music
- Business & Enterprise: Business, Design & Technology and Food & Nutrition