Inspiring a love of learning
In Years 7 and 8, all students follow the same broad and balanced curriculum (with a choice of French or Spanish) that allows every child to achieve to the best of their ability while inspiring a love of learning.
The core curriculum consists of a range of subjects that nurture the interests, skills and talents of all students while developing their wider knowledge base in preparation for making informed option choices as they tailor their curriculum.
In Year 8 the students need to make some decisions about the technology and arts subjects they study in Year 9 as the first stage of a two-stage options process.
The Options booklet and links to subject videos can be found below.
Years 7 & 8 Curriculum
All students in Years 7 and 8 study the following subjects:
- Arts: Art, Dance, Drama and Music
- Technology: Design & Technology, Food Preparation & Nutrition and Computing
- Humanities: Geography, History, Religious Studies and PSHE (Personal, Social & Health Education)
- Modern languages: French or Spanish
- PE, including Personal Fitness and Sport