Ethos and Aims

KS4 Curriculum Content

The Engineering industries are an increasingly innovative and exciting area to work in.  It affects every aspect of modern life – from skyscrapers to smart phones, cars to carrier bags.  This option introduces students to new technologies, helping them to gain practical skills and understanding to inspire a lifelong interest in Engineering.

It is suited to students with a strong understanding of maths and science, as well as those who enjoy being creative and have an affinity for drawing, design and problem-solving.

The qualification is linear, meaning that students will sit their exam and submit their non-exam assessment project (NEA) at the end of the course.  The exam will account for 60% of their final grade and the NEA project will account for the remaining 40%.  More information can be found here:

Enrichment/Extra Curricular Opportunities

We offer the following opportunities for students:

Year 9 Rotary Technology Tournament – competing against other Cambridgeshire schools.

Years 9 & 10 Women in Engineering Event – encouraging young women to aspire to become engineers.

Year 10 Jaguar Land Rover Trip – looking at manufacturing, JIT and robotic automation.

Year 11 Arkwright Scholarship – a chance to apply for a scholarship to support studying engineering or a technical design specialism at university.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By clicking Accept, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Learn More