Ethos and Aims
It is our aim to inspire a love of science in our students, whatever their needs, interests or background. We take the statement ‘Every student matters’ seriously as we expect outstanding progress for all of our students. All members of the science team have passion for their subject and will do their utmost to instil it in our students wherever they can. Students need to have a good level of understanding of scientific issues to play a full part in society and it is our job to make that happen for LVC students.
Enrichment/Extra Curricular Opportunities
We try to include as extensive a range of activities as we can including, but not necessarily limited to:
• An annual trip to Science Live!
• The Swavesey Science Challenge
• After school revision and support sessions at key points in the year e.g, in the first half of the summer term for Year 11
• A lunchtime science club for KS3 students
• A range of science week activities for Years 7 to 10, including the murder mystery for Year 7 and a science fair for Year 8